3.35 oz. package Plant Boss Breakfast Plant Sausage Crumbles
2 cups cool water
2 Tbsp. neutral oil
13.8 oz. can pizza crust
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. oregano
1 Tbsp. butter (plant-based suggested)
1 Tbsp. flour
1 cup milk (plant-based suggested)
1 cup shredded cheese (plant-based suggested), divided
1/2 cup hashbrowns (thawed)
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Toppings: crushed red chili flakes; chopped green onions
- Cook breakfast crumbles with the water and oil according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425o.
- While oven is preheating, unroll pizza crust onto a lightly greased sheet pan and press into a rectangle shape.
- Mix olive oil, garlic powder and oregano. Brush onto crust. Pierce crust with a fork to prevent air bubbles.
- Bake for 7–10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, make cheese sauce: melt butter in a small, thick-bottom saucepan. Whisk in flour. Add milk and bring to a boil. Boil for 4–5 minutes while whisking. Remove from heat and fold in 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Spread cheese sauce over partially baked crust.
- Top with half of the sausage crumbles (6 oz.). Refrigerate the rest for use within 3 days, or freeze.
- Spread hashbrowns and remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese onto pizza. Make four 3-inch divots in pizza (to add eggs later).
- Bake for 8–10 minutes.
- Gently break eggs into prepared divots, leaving yolk intact. Top each egg with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bake for an additional 10–15 minutes until crust is golden brown and eggs are desired doneness (gently shake sheet pan to see how cooked the eggs are).
- Top with chili flakes and green onions.
Be the Boss — try these variations:
- Use homemade pizza crust. Prebake it, but cooking times may vary.
- In a real pinch? Use store-bought shelf-stable pizza crust. You don’t need to prebake, but brushing with the olive oil mixture will really give it some pop.
- Scramble the eggs. Whisk 4 eggs with 1/4 cup milk and a pinch of salt and pepper. Scramble in skillet for 2–3 minutes, until eggs are firm but still moist. Add scrambled eggs to pizza after hashbrowns and before topping with shredded cheese. Bake 15–25 minutes, until crust is golden brown.