1 (3.35 oz.) package Plant Boss® Southwest Plant Taco Crumbles
2 cups cool water
2 Tbsp. neutral oil
1/2 white onion, diced
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
4 cups vegetable broth
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
8 oz. elbow macaroni (about 2 cups)
2 cups shredded cheese (plant-based suggested)
- Soak crumbles in water for 5 minutes.
- In large stock pot, sauté onion in oil for 2–3 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper; sauté 1–2 minutes.
- Add soaked crumbles (with water) and cook 10–15 minutes, until moisture is absorbed.
- Add broth, tomatoes and beans. Bring to a boil and add macaroni.
- Reduce to simmer. Simmer, covered, 10–12 minutes, until pasta is cooked.
- Remove from heat and fold in cheese.
- Let sit 3–5 minutes.
Be the Boss: For more chili flavor, add 1–2 tsp. chili powder in step 5.