3.35 oz. package Plant Boss Italian Plant Sausage Crumbles
2 cups cool water
2 Tbsp. neutral oil
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 yellow onion, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. crushed red chili flakes (optional)
1/2 cup vegetable broth
Toppings: fresh parsley or basil
- Cook crumbles with the water and neutral oil according to package directions. Set aside.
- Sauté onion in olive oil over medium high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add bell peppers, garlic, salt, pepper and chili flakes, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add broth and scrape bottom of pan well.
- Add cooked Italian sausage crumbles and reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Let sit 2–3 minutes, uncovered.
Be the Boss — try these variations:
- Substitute white onion for the yellow for more savory flavor
- Increase chili flakes for more spice
- Substitute red wine for broth for a deeper flavor