3.35 oz. package Plant Boss Mild Plant Taco Meatless Crumbles
4 Tbsp. neutral oil, divided
3 cups cool water, divided
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 red onion, divided (1/2 sliced, 1/2 diced)
2 tsp. tomato paste
1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. oregano
15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Cook Mild Meatless Crumbles with 2 Tbsp. oil and 2 cups cool water, according to package directions. Keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup water, vinegar, sugar and salt. Cook on medium heat until sugar and salt dissolve.
- Put sliced onions in a pint-sized jar and pour water-vinegar solution into jar. Close and refrigerate until needed.
- In a separate skillet, sauté diced red onion in remaining 2 Tbsp. oil until translucent. Add tomato paste and cook for 1 minute. Add smoked paprika, cumin, oregano, remaining 1/2 cup water and black beans. Smash beans with the back of a spoon. Remove from heat.
- Warm tortillas and spread on bean mixture; top with Mild Crumbles and pickled onions.
Be the boss: top with cilantro, lime and/or cheese.