Cast Iron Skillet Italian Sausage Pizza
Total Time: 00h 45m
Hands-on Time: 00h 20m
Makes: 4 - 6 servings
Share with your friends
- 1/2 package Plant Boss Italian Sausage Crumbles, pre-cooked according to package directions
- 13.8 oz. can pizza crust
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce or pizza sauce
- 2 Tbsp. red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup arugula
- Toppings: pesto, shredded Parmesan, red chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Press pizza dough into lightly greased 12-inch cast iron skillet.
- Combine olive oil, garlic powder and oregano, and brush onto dough.
- Prick dough with a fork to prevent bubbles.
- Heat skillet on stove over medium heat for 2 minutes to help cook bottom of crust.
- Remove from heat and add tomato sauce or pizza sauce; spread evenly.
- Top with cooked Italian sausage crumbles, artichoke hearts, red onion, bell pepper and fresh mozzarella.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes, until crust is lightly golden brown and pizza is cooked through.
- Top with arugula, pesto, shredded Parmesan and red chili flakes.