FOR THE MUSHROOMS:
4 large portobello mushroom caps
1/2 cup neutral oil
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. crushed red chili flakes
1 tsp. kosher flake salt
1/2 tsp. ground coriander
FOR THE AVOCADO TOMATILLO SAUCE:
1/2 large avocado
3 tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed well
1/2 jalapeno, seeds removed (optional)
1 garlic clove
2 Tbsp. lime juice
Salt and pepper (to taste)
FOR THE TACOS:
1 (3.35 oz.) package Plant Boss® Southwest Plant Taco Meatless Crumbles
2 cups cool water
2 Tbsp. neutral oil
Toppings: green onion, sliced radish, white onion, red cabbage or cotija cheese
- Preheat oven to 400o.
- Slice mushroom caps and put in a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup oil, vinegar, black pepper, chili flakes, salt and coriander. Toss to combine.
- Arrange on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Blend avocado, tomatillos, jalapeno (if using), garlic and lime juice until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Chill until needed.
- Cook Southwest Meatless Crumbles with 2 Tbsp. oil and water according to package directions.
- Assemble tacos onto warmed tortillas: fill with Southwest Meatless Crumbles, top with mushroom slices and tomatillo sauce.
Be the boss: try adding any two toppings.