2 Tbsp. neutral oil
1/2 onion, diced
3.35 oz. package Plant Boss Mild Plant Taco Meatless Crumbles
2 cups cool water
1 bell pepper, diced
1 serrano pepper, seeds removed, minced (optional)
2 cups fresh spinach
1/2 cup black beans
1 ½ cups shredded cheese (plant-based suggested)
- In large skillet over medium heat, sauté onion in oil for 3–5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, soak crumbles with seasoning in cool water for 2–3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and serrano pepper (if using) to skillet and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add seasoned crumbles and water to skillet. Cook for 10–15 minutes (or until moisture is absorbed), stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach and beans. Cook for 1–2 minutes, until spinach wilts.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- In a separate large skillet over medium heat, add tortilla and spread approximately 3/4 cup of quesadilla filling onto one half.
- Cook until cheese starts to melt. Close tortilla and cook until desired doneness. Repeat until all filling is used.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream and hot sauce if desired.