Crisp Chopped Salad With Meatballs
Total Time: 00h 40m
Hands-on Time: 00h 20m
Makes: 3 servings
Share with your friends
- FOR THE MEATBALLS:
- 3.39 oz. package package Plant Boss Meatball Mix
- 1 Tbsp. neutral oil
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 Tbsp. breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. tomato paste
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ½ Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. shallot, minced (approx. 1/2 medium shallot)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. flake salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. red chili flakes (optional)
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini, sliced
- 3/4 cup cucumber, diced
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
- 3/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine meatball mix, oil, hot water, breadcrumbs and tomato paste. Stir well.
- Cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Scoop and shape into 12 meatballs. Bake on a lined sheet pan for 20 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- While meatballs bake, prepare dressing: Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, shallot, garlic, Italian seasoning, flake salt, pepper and chili flakes (if using). Stir well. Refrigerate until needed.
- Assemble salads with romaine, arugula, red onion, pepperoncini, cucumber, grape tomatoes, meatballs, mozzarella and Parmesan. Top with dressing.